Homemade wood floor cleaner is a natural floor cleaner that helps to clean your wood floor without using toxic chemical floor cleaner that can damage and ruin your floor.
There are many floor cleaning products on the market but they might not be suitable for the Hardwood floor. If you own pets and have children then you have to be more concerned about using cleaning products as its health matters. additionally, It toughs to rely on manufacturing talk as much they said they don’t use chemical or it natural made.
If you know the way of how to make a homemade hardwood floor cleaner that shines your floor, it very easy to make that can protect your floor. Homemade hardwood floor cleaner does not only help you to save money but also keep you healthy with pets and children.
Through this guide, you will be capable to make hardwood floors shine without toxic chemicals and also learn how to add shine to hardwood floors by using homemade wood floor cleaner.
So let get started.
Make homemade wood floor cleaner that shines
Before going to make homemade wood floor polish you have some pre-task – just complete these and go for making.
- Collect all the materials and Tools: You will have to all the essential tools and materials when you proceed. The requires tools and materials like Dust Mop, Vinegar, vegetable oil, spray bottle and clothing mop as well. So gather all the necessary tools before going to the next steps.
- Make sure the floor is cleaned: Before applying the mixture on the floor you must clean all the dust and debris from the hardwood floors. You can use a dust mop OR Hardwood Floor vacuum accordingly.
Homemade wood floor Polish making procedure
If you are looking a Home remedies to make hardwood floors shine then these steps make you happy because it is proven and everyone follows for their hardwood floors.
- Put 1 tablespoon white vinegar and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in the spray bottle (You can use old floor cleaner bottle which is washed).
- Additionally, you can mix 12-15 drops Lemon OR orange oil with white vinegar and vegetable oil. (It is optional. You can skip if you don’t want.)
- Add 2-3 cups of warm water.
How to Polish Wood Floors
You need microfiber cloths for wood floor polish. Keep a small amount of polish on the floor and use the microfiber cloths/mops to scrub the floor. When applying on the hardwood floor it works separately, the white vinegar removes all the dirt and dust from the floors and the vegetable oil helps to get back the shine of the hardwood floors. And finally, clean the hardwood floors by using a soft cloth or towel. That’s cool!
Once you have finished it you feel comfortable and look like your wood floor shiny, as you have used homemade wood floor cleaner that means you are saving your pets and children.
What is the best homemade cleaner for wood floors?
A homemade wood floor is a no toxic floor cleaner that isn’t harmful to the floor. We have mentioned it before, you have to keep in mind about your children and pets. If you use toxic or chemical floor cleaner it will not harm only your floor but also it will be harmful for your children and pet as well. We have described how you make a homemade wood floor cleaner that is safe for pets, children and health.
Here’s the list of best home homemade cleaner for wood floors. Check out the list.
5 Best Homemade Wood Floor Cleaners
- Bona Free & Simple Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- Method Squirt + Mop Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- Rejuvenate Professional Wood Floor Restorer and PolishRejuvenate All Floors Restorer and Polish Fills
- Wood & Laminate Floor Cleaner
Is baking soda safe for hardwood floors?
Baking soda can be another effective solution for hardwood floor cleaning. If you are looking for a pet-friendly cleaning solution, baking soda is one of them.
It helps to remove stains and odors from the hardwood floors and gives a shiny look of the floors.
Can you use white vinegar to clean hardwood floors?
Yes, you can use white vinegar to clean hardwood floors. The right way of use can protect your floor from damage.
How do you moisturize wood floors?
If you want to moisturize your wood floor, just follow these simple steps.
Just mix olive oil and white vinegar in a bottle or bowl and then add hot water with essential lemon oil. After that shake it to mix and once it makes mixture then use it to polish your wood floor with microfiber.
We have described the right way of making a homemade wood floor cleaner that shines your floor. Follow these simple steps and keep clean your hardwood floor and shiny look.